PGPD Lieutenant Britt Smith
Lt. Smith started his career with Pleasant Grove in 2001. He has been and continues to be a valuable member of our team. He has worked as a patrolman, detective, patrol and detective sergeant, and currently as the lieutenant over the patrol division.
As a detective sergeant, Lt. Smith laid the ground work for our involvement in the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (ICAC). Lt. Smith's hard work in ICAC and in investigating sex crimes in general has brought justice and safety to numerous victims of unspeakable crimes.
Lt. Smith has proven to be an excellent leader. Lt. Smith has labored diligently to ensure his patrol team is prepared and equipped to serve and protect the citizens of Pleasant Grove and shed a positive light upon our department. He is someone who can be counted on to not only get the job done, but to get the job done right.
The Honorary Colonel Association is a group of civic minded business people and citizens who have pooled their energies and resources to assist and support the Pleasant Grove Police Department.
The Honorary Colonels assist the Pleasant Grove Police Department with community relations, Business Watch, education programs, fallen officer fund, equipment and other areas as needed.
Who do you reccommend.
Who We Are and What We Do
Who We Are and What We Do“It’s Your Community- Get Involved”
Founded in 2010, the Pleasant Grove City Honorary Colonels Association is a non-profit corporation 501-C3, made up of citizens and civic minded business people who have pooled their energies and resources to assist the Pleasant Grove Police Department. The Honorary Colonels assist the Pleasant Grove Police Department in the following ways:
- Business Watch – Teach merchants to crime-proof their properties, watch over neighboring businesses, document and report suspicious activity. Develop a communication tree to quickly notify business owners about crime in their area (e.g. Contact nearby businesses when a robbery or other crime has been committed in their area, etc.)
- Community Relations – Promote communication and understanding between law enforcement and the citizens and business people in Pleasant Grove. Honor outstanding performance by law enforcement in Pleasant Grove.
- Fallen Officer Fund – Provide relief and aid to members of the Pleasant Grove Police Department and their family members during time of crisis such as injury or death, resulting from actions in the line of duty or other extenuating circumstances.
- Educational Programs – Provide educational programs for businesses and citizens in the Pleasant Grove community. Educational programs may include: Citizens Academy, Self Defense, Crime Prevention for homes and businesses and more.
- Equipment – Raise money for equipment needs of the Pleasant Grove Police Department .
Meet the Pleasant Grove City Honorary Colonels
Meet the Pleasant Grove City Honorary ColonelsThe Pleasant Grove City Honorary Colonels Association is made up of the following members and businesses.
- Utah’s Fallen Officer http://www.utahsfallen.org
- Heros Behind the Badge http://www.nleomf.org/officers/heroes-behind-the-badge/